For Foreign Nationals

Childcare Support

Child care support for 0-5 year olds

Thanks to the cooperation by foreign volunteers who experienced raising children in the community, MIA edited child rearing information based on “Suku-suku ;Child Care Information Magazine”, issued by Musashino City, and translated it into various languages. If you are a foreign resident who feel it’s difficult to get or utilize local child care support information, please make use of it.

Support counter for children and childcare

    • This leaflet is packed with information on Support counter for children and childcare in Musashino city.

  • For mother and baby’s health
  • First steps to enter your community with a baby
  • I want to know about or find a daycare center,kindergarten, or childcare center.
  • Consultation on child-raising
  • Concerns about entering school.I want to consult about school life or my child.
  • Consultation on child development
  • “ú–{Œê
  • English

Child Care Support Information Magazine for 0 to 5 Years Old Children : Mia Special Edition English Version

  • MIA child care support
  • Musashino City Health service for mothers, fathers, and babies
  • What to do in a parenting trouble? – Child care consultation service information
  • List of various consultation services
  • Economic support for child rearing: Allowances/Subsidies/Medical expense subsidy system introduction
  • When you want to put the child in a daycare – Childcare facility, Kindergarten, Asobee, Gakudo (after school child day care) club information
  • List of Ninca Certified Daycare Centers
  • List of Kindergartens in Musashino City
  • When you want to put the child in a daycare – Child care support service such as temporary childcare
  • “ú–{Œê
  • English
  • 中文
  • ƒnƒ“ƒOƒ‹

What to do in a parenting trouble? – Child care consultation service information in Musashino City

When you are having trouble raising children or when you do not know what to do, you can consult them free of charge. Consultations are in Japanese, so please take someone who can speak Japanese with you. If you can’t find such a person, MIA interpreter service (5,000yen per 2 hours) is also available.

Consultation examples and Service guidance

Pregnancy, Childbirth
  • Healthcare management during pregnancy and after childbirth (nutrition/dentistry)→(1)
Babies’ Life
  • Birth of premature baby and future child-rearing.→(1)
  • Breast-feeding and baby food.→(1)
  • The baby cries too much.→(1)
Child’s Development
  • At a loss for words/Words seem to be slow/Pronunciation is unclear→(4)
  • Restless or overactive child.→(4) / (2)
  • The baby isn’t turning over, crawling (“hi hi”) or walking.→(4)
  • Being reluctant to attend school→(2)
  • Being bullied→(2)
  • Living abroad for a long time, the child can speak only a little Japanese and cannot follow the lesson.→(2)
Children’s Health
  • Tell me about the weight.→(1)
  • Having a fever (illness) ?→(1)
  • Which department of the hospital to go(with such and such symptoms) ?→(1)
  • Nobody helps me… What should I do?→(3)
  • I was irritated and I slapped my child carelessly, what should I do?→(3)
  • I cannot think that children are cute.→(3)

Musashino City Childcare Consultation Service

(1) Health Section (Health Center)
Musashino City Health Center 1F
4-8-10, Kitamachi, Kichijoji Musashino-shi, Tokyo
TEL 0422-51-0700
Support general parenting in response to various consultations during pregnancy.
(2) Education Support Center
Oonoden Elementary School B1F
4-11-37, Kitamachi, Kichijoji Musashino-shi, Tokyo
TEL 0422-60-18990422-60-1922(telephone consultation hotlines)
Education counselors (clinical psychologist) respond to various consultations about children, from infants to adolescence.
(3) Children and Family Support Center
Children and Family Support Center
Children and Family Department
City Hall South Building 3F
2-2-28 Midori-cho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo
General Consultation for Child Care/Abuse Report
TEL 0422-55-9002 TEL 0120-839-002
Single Parent/Female Consultation TEL 0422-60-1850
General consultation for children and their families. Consultation is available on telephone, at the support center, or by visiting their home.
(4) Community Health Consulting Room HABIT
Midori-no Kodomo-Kan
Musashino Midoricho 2-chome No.3 Apartment 1F
2-6-8, Midoricho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo
TEL 0422-55-8510
Consultation on development of children 0-18 years old. Appointment is required, so please make the call first. Service is free of charge.

MIA Child Care Support

Musashino International Association (MIA) supports foreign residents living in Japan and promotes community exchanges in the community for a “Tabunka Kyosei” ,multicultural society.

Musashino International Association (MIA)
SWING 9F, Sakai 2-14-1, Musashino-shi, Tokyo
(1 minute from JR Chuo Line Musashisakai station – nonowa exit/north exit)

  • Japanese Course with Childcare: Thursday and Friday morning, 3 terms per year (10 times per term)
  • Interpreter dispatch : Basically 5,000 yen within 2 hours. MIA registered and trained language volunteers will interpret at City Hall counter, City Facilities such as daycare centers and schools, etc. Please sign up in advance for schedule arrangement.
  • The Multiple Language Window for Questions: Assisting in living such as living consultation arrangements, reading a newsletters from the school and interpreting at MIA, etc.
Language Available Date/Time
Spanish Second Tuesday 15:00-17:00
Russian First Friday 10:00-12:00
Norwegian /English Second Wednesday 14:00-16:00
German Third Tuesday 14:00-16:00
Tamil/English Fourth Friday 15:00-17:00
Thai First Thursday 10:00-12:00
Musashino International Association (MIA)
SWING 9F, Sakai 2-14-1,Musashino-shi , Tokyo 180-0022
TEL 0422-56-2922 FAX 0422-36-4513
Open: TUE - SAT 9:00-17:00(Closed on SUN,MON and Public Holidays)