In case of Illness or Injury
Multilingual Medical Questionnaire Sheet
”Multilingual Medical Questionnaire Sheet” has been prepared to help foreign people who need to face initial procedure to use hospital due to illness or injury. The sheet should be a helpful in communication with hospital staff to describe your health conditions. Please feel free to download and use it. (The sheet was completed by MIA Multilanguage and Multicultural Community Healthcare Support Promotion Group.)
Medical institutions in Musashino city with doctors who understand foreign languages
General Incorporated Association: Musashino Medical Association
You can look up medical institutions in Musashino City with doctors who understand foreign languages.
How to search for medical institutions in Musashino city with doctors who understand foreign languages
Click a button of「医療機関検索」(Iryokikan kensaku :search for medical institution)
->Go on to the next page
（2） Click a checkbox of「外国語」(Gaikokugo : foreign language) located under the page｢診療科目で探す｣(Shinryo kamoku de sagasu). And then click a button of ｢チェックした条件で検索｣(Chekkushita jouken de kensaku: search in condition of your check)｣
->Go on to the next page
If you click any mark, the medical institution contact information will be displayed.
Please note when you go to medical institutions
- Even if you find a hospital with a doctor who understands a foreign language, it does not mean that he/she is always there; The doctor may be out of hospital sometimes, or the receptionist may not understand foreign languages. You should better check with the hospital before you go.
- When you consult the doctor, you will need information of your address, phone number, “Hokensho” insurance card, and cash.
- If you have restrictions for religious or other reasons in terms of treatments or everyday life, don’t forget to tell the doctor about them in the consultation.
- If you have a note of main symptoms or problems, it will be helpful for the doctor in making diagnosis, or for the receptionist in deciding a treatment department. Please use the “Multilingual Medical Questionnaire Sheet.”
Useful Medical Information Service for Foreign People
Here is the list of helpful information for foreign people who don’t speak Japanese, when they need to go to hospital, with medical questionnaire sheet and consultation service in various languages.
NPO International Community Hearty Konandai, Kanagawa International Foundation
Multilingual medical questionnaire has been prepared for foreign residents who do not speak Japanese, to be helpful when they need to go to hospital and explain to doctors about their problems due to sickness or injury. The medical questionnaire sheet has been translated into 17 languages with Japanese explanations side by side, for 10 different treatment departments each, including internal medicine, pediatrics, and surgery.
Multilingual medical questionnaires(18 languages)http://www.kifjp.org/medical/index.html
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Multilingual materials for foreigners http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000056789.html
Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Institution Information “Himawari”
For information on medical institutions in the Tokyo metropolitan area, to find medical institutions where foreign languages are spoken & medical consultation guidance (Eng. &Jap.)
For consultation over the phone about medical institutions where foreign languages are spoken and for information about Japan’s medical system
(English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Thai)
TEL: 03-5285-8181 Daily: 9:00AM-8:00PM
For information about medical institutions and Emergency medical translation services
(English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Thai)
TEL: 03-5285-8185 Weekday 5:00PM-8:00PM / Weekends and holidays: 9:00AM-8:00PM
AMDA International Medical Information Center
AMDA International Medical Information Center offers the web page to introduce health care system in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese, with information including how to fill out medical examination form, explanation of examinations and immunization shots for children.
Introduces medical facilities where foreign-language-speaking staff is available, offers information on Health Care system and also telephone interpretation service free of charge.
AMDA International Medical Information Center Telephone consultation TEL:03-5285-8088
- [English, Thai, Chinese, Korean & Spanish]: Every day: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- [Portugal]: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- [Philippine]: Wednesdays: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- [Vietnamese]: Thursdays: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
SWING 9F, Sakai 2-14-1,Musashino-shi , Tokyo 180-0022
TEL 0422-56-2922 FAX 0422-36-4513
Open: TUE - SAT 9:00-17:00(Closed on SUN,MON and Public Holidays)